We are now accepting nominations for the following positions on the SMCKC Board: President, Vice President, Technology Chair and Advocacy Chair.
Term length for each position is 18 months, unless otherwise noted.
Position descriptions can be found below and questions about the open positions can be directed to email@example.com
All nominations are due this Friday, May 25th, at midnight. Nominations are accepted by the #smckc hashtag, on our Facebook page or in person to a current SMCKC board member.
Nominees will be announced at our June breakfast, and elections will be held shortly thereafter.
Winning nominees will be announced and instated at the July breakfast.
- Lead development of annual strategic plan and key performance indicators.
- Report on strategic plan progress.
- Support committee chairpersons as needed.
- Serve as primary point of contact to the National chapter.
- Represent SMCKC to media outlets as needed.
- Attend SMCKC events and serve as facilitator as needed.
- Actively participate on various social networking sites.
- Reach out to complimentary local organizations to build awareness and relationships.
- Lead executive board meetings.
- Guide, counsel and coach executive board members as needed.
The president performs tasks aimed at developing the organization's vision and implement the policies and procedures that allow that vision to be accomplished.
The President is responsible for ensuring that the Board: · is aware of and fulfill their responsibilities; · comply with applicable laws and bylaws; · conduct board business effectively and efficiently; · are accountable for their performance.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, and subject to the organization's bylaws, the President presides over meetings, proposes policies and practices, sits on various committees, monitors the performance of board members, submits various reports to the board, members, and to other "stakeholders"; proposes the creation of committees; helps appoint members to such committees; and performs other duties as the need arises and/or as defined in the bylaws.
The President is accountable to the Board of Directors or Members as specified in the bylaws. The President may delegate specific duties to Board members and/or committees as appropriate; however, the accountability for them remains with the President.
The President ensures that an agenda is planned for board meetings and that board meetings happen, are scheduled and organized monthly or whenever needed.
The President presides over meetings of the Board. In this capacity, the President:
- chairs meetings according to accepted rules of order for the purposes of
votes as prescribed in the bylaws. In boards that operate with and executive committee, the President performs the above duties for the executive committe
- encouraging all members to participate in discussion;
- arriving at decisions in an orderly, timely and democratic manner;
The President serves as a member on all board committees. In this capacity, the President's role is
- help manage & keep momentum for each commitee
- to negotiate reporting schedules & calendars;
- to identify problems and assist the committee leaders to resolve them, and if necessary, to bring them to the attention of the Board.
The President is the primary liaison between the Board and the executive director. In this capacity, the President:
- meets periodically with all board members;
- ensures that discussion of goals & objectives w/ board members on a quarterly basis.
- helps determine needs for & build committees to help board members with various responsibilities.
The President ensures that the organization maintains positive and productive relationships with media, sponsors, donors, and other organizations. In this capacity, the President serves as primary spokesperson for the organization Duties may include:
- representing the organization to the media;
- representing the organization on governmental or nongovernmental organizations and committees;
- timely and appropriate reporting of Board decisions and actions to members and/or funders and/or donors.
The President is normally designated by the Board of Directors and/or bylaws as one of the signing officers for certain documents. In this capacity, the President may be authorized or required to sign or countersign cheques, correspondence, applications, reports, contracts or other documents on behalf of organization.
The President ensures that structures and procedures are in place for effective recruitment, training, and evaluation of board members.
The President ensures that structures and procedures are in place for securing the resources required by the organization.
The President may establish or propose the establishment of committees of the Board, and may assign tasks and delegate responsibilities to board committees and/or directors.
Vice President Responsibilities
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the President in the President's absence.
- Guide, counsel and coach executive board members as needed.
- Help recruit committee leads and team members as needed by Board members. Manage committee framework, process, etc.
- Coordinate election process, including nominations, confirmations, setting up voting form, tallying results with the help of the Advocacy Chair, and announcing results as set forth in the club elections guidelines.
- Serve as community representative to ensure appropriate support is given to non-profit organizations.
- Serve as a secondary point of contact to the National chapter.
Technology Chair Responsibilities
- Maintain all online SMCKC presence, including but not limited to: hosting, smckc email, websites, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Assist in keeping social media networks updated .
- Work with Events Chair to staff and provide equipment needed for events (projectors, screens, streaming, etc)
- Serve as the subject matter expert on new technology and how it impacts social media
- Propose new technology adaptations for SMCKC when necessary.
Advocacy Chair Responsibilities
- Act as liaison for Kansas City MCCU -- represent SMCKC at events and meetings, relay information back to board .
- Reach out to Local/National communities for the following:
- Leverage the resources of SMCKC
- Post volunteer opportunities
- Identify speaking, panel, workshop opportunities for membership at conferences, seminars, businesses
- Coordinate quarterly non-profit/charity community opportunities for the organization throughout the year.
- Work with membership and events chair to coordinate annual SMCKC awards event.
- Post at least one Advocacy Update blog/month.
- Manage committee leads and team members.