Managing Partner, Buzz New Media
Throughout my career, I have provided marketing communications support, consulting and coaching for a variety of regional, national and international clients. I began my career working with The Muscular Dystrophy Association before moving to Dallas to pursue a career in advertising. After joining a small agency, we quickly began gaining national clients resulting in 40 percent year-over-year growth. I bought the agency and, after two more years of growth, was subsequently acquired by Evans Group, a top 50 U.S. agency. I moved back to my hometown of Kansas City upon the passing of my older brother and in addition to taking over the family barbecue business, I continued working with a wide range of local and national clients on their marketing communications needs.
- I continue as a national speaker and blogger on aging demographics and generational management issues and am a guest lecturer at UMKC on social media and branding.
- As a Certified Trainer with the Franklin Covey Company and as an Executive Business Coach by Coach Lab International, I have developed and conducted marketing, sales and team building workshops for companies across the US.
- In addition to marketing, coaching and consulting, I have been involved in the food service industry not only working with national brands such as; On The Border, Red Robin, and Hops Restaurants but also developing, owning and operating numerous food service operations including Club 427, a 4-Star Jazz Dinner Club in the River Market that won the 1997 Economic Development Council’s (EDC) Cornerstone Award as the Top Real Estate development in Kansas City.
- I served two terms on the Board of Directors of The American Advertising Federation (AAF), in Washington, DC, and am a past president of The Dallas Advertising League and Ad2.
Service to the community
- Twice president of the River Market Community Association, I have also served on numerous boards in Kansas City and was the Co-chair for the River Market TIF District and a founding member of the River Market Community Foundation which implemented the River Market Community Improvement District (CID) resulting in a dramatic reduction in crime and a cleaner, safer destination to live, shop and work.
- I was a founding member of the 100 of Dallas, a 501c3 that raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to support at-risk children’s support groups and am a past board member of Dr. Kenneth Salyer’s International Cranial-Facial Foundation.
- University of Missouri, Columbia - School of Journalism, B.J. Advertising.
- Continuing education includes: Carlson Learning’s DiSC Profiling System; Decision Analysis’ Problem Solution System; The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People; Building a Trust Based Organization; The 4 Roles of Leadership; and Principle Centered Leadership training from The Franklin Covey Company.