Hello SMCKC Members! Your executive board has been hard at work developing our goals for 2010 and greatly appreciate the feedback you have all provided through comments, breakfast discussions and online conversations. We have been listening and hope you will see the influence you have had in what we have planned for this year. After all, SMCKC is an organization built on a grass roots philosophy where each member has a voice making this the best membership in town!
We shared in our breakfast this morning that a membership is only as good as its membership...meaning the value you receive from being a member is a direct result from embracing the responsibility in doing your part to participate and provide value for other members. As we continue to establish our structure, there will be ample ways to participate and our hope is every member takes advantage of the opportunity to learn, share, and give during 2010.
We built the 2010 plan based on three foundational pillars:
1. Membership. Our most important priority is YOU! Social Media and therefore, SMCKC is first and foremost about engagement, connection, and community for their members.
2. Community. We want SMCKC to be a valuable resource for the Kansas City community. We also want to help elevate Kansas City to be recognized regionally and nationally as a leader in the social media industry.
3. Business. We want to enable each of our members to be an advocate for social media in the business community..as employees, owners, consultants, or simply as a voice to a decision maker saying, "hey, have you thought about..."
1. Establishment. Build a foundation for growth and value for our members, communities and businesses.
- Evaluate non-profit and membership dues benefits
- Create a repeatable election process
- Launch a new website in 1st quarter w/ multi-daily posts by year-end
- Develop a speakers bureau to showcase our speaking talent and be a resource for events
- Offer an editorial committee to showcase our writing talent and provide valuable content
- Establish an organizational presence through a variety of online channels
- Provide a regular cycle of events
2. Contribution. Provide ample opportunity for our members to contribute to the membership, community and business.
- Create committees to enable active participation for everyone
- Establish organizational structure that makes it easy and simple for members to participate
- Develop and communicate a talent catalog to showcase our unique skills
- Encourage participation in the various online channels available
- Provide an events calendar to communicate local, regional and national events
3. Outreach. Helping each other. Helping our communities. Helping our business.
- Establish standards and ethics for our members to uphold
- Create a Social Media Advocacy award to showcase local businesses using social media in a positive manner
- Actively volunteer at events, non-profits, and fundraising efforts
- Establish sponsorship program to help fund events for our membership and communities and shine the spotlight on our businesses
4. Fun/Grass Roots. The thread that connects us all.
- Encourage and participate in ad-hoc events
- Provide social only events
- Double membership
A big plan for what we hope will be our biggest year yet! Are you ready to help with one or more of these goals? Please contact one of the board members to find out what committee is best for you!
Advocacy/Sponsorship - Jenn Bailey; @jennbailey
Education/Membership - Mark Van Baale; @markvanbaale
Standards/National - Mike Burns; @wrytir
Technology - Jeff Smith; @jeffisageek
Awareness/Events - interim contact is Lisa Qualls; @lqualls4444
Vice President - Ryan Flannagan; @ryanflannagan
President - Lisa Qualls; @lqualls4444
Chairman - Ed Roberts; @edroberts
Your SMCKC Executive Board